Friday 14 August 2015

Dyptich





Since I am at the country house, I thought it would be ok to post this work with a back drop of our forest on my hand made clothesline!


The theme I continue to work with is CONNECTION 



I created this work for my last session of my course with Jane Dunnewold.  It represents a combination of many of the techniques we are learning from her (as well as a few of my own invention).  



Here is a detail where I use the technique that I developed during my thesis process.  It is a combination of free motion stitchery on silk organza with Ricky Tims stabilizing fabric upon which I have printed the image of the bird which I altered using an adobe illustrator program.  I know, I know, a bit of a run on sentence.  All I can tell you is that the run on sentence represents an even longer run on steps.  Suffice it to to say, if you are curious enough to want details, please send me a comment and I would be happy to share.  


This is another detail that is illustrating some thermofax printing of my own designs.  The background was created with printers ink over a surface of cotton that was prepared with flour paste.  This is an invention of Jane Dunnewold's, and I love the distressed crackling effect one can create with it.  

I am now preparing some more pieces to bring to our next session in San Antonio in the fall.  This time we have been asked to bring a "body of work" and I have inserted colour into these pieces.  So....stay tuned!   



1 comment: